When: Wednesday, November 15th, 2017, at 11:00 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET.
Many older adults who rely on Medicaid for their long-term services and supports also need transportation to medical services. Federal regulations require states to ensure eligible, qualified Medicaid beneficiaries have access to services to take them to and from providers. However, each state’s Medicaid and managed care programs may implement the regulations differently, making it difficult for older adults to get the transportation they need.Participants in this webinar, Medicaid and Transportation for Older Adults, will obtain a better understanding of:
- The federal regulations that govern Medicaid’s non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) benefit;
- The distinction between NEMT and non-medical transportation (NMT);
- Special circumstances for dual eligible older adults who receive both Medicare and Medicaid; and
- Examples of barriers to accessing Medicaid’s transportation benefit and recommendations for helping clients with those challenges.
Webinar participants will receive an issue brief, detailing the presentation. The issue brief will also be available at ncler.acl.gov.
Closed captioning will be available on this webinar. A link with access to the captions will be shared through GoToWebinar’s chat box shortly before the webinar start time.
- Denny Chan, Justice in Aging
- Georgia Burke, Justice in Aging
The webinar took place on Wednesday, November 15th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET.