When: Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET.
The Legal Assistance Developer (LAD) position plays a key role in ensuring legal services for older persons with greatest social and economic needs in each state. In our first webinar—Legal Assistance Developer 101, we explored some key aspects of the developer job including how to target legal assistance to those who need it most and how to prioritize the most critical issues for legal help.
In this next LAD 102 webinar we look at how LADs—working jointly with AAAs, legal providers, and other elder rights advocates —can significantly strengthen the state’s legal delivery system through development and implementation of Statewide Standards. The webinar covers topics, such as:
- What are Statewide Standards? What is their purpose, their value?
- What is the recommended process to follow in developing Statewide Standards?
- In what ways do standards contribute to, and define essential elements of, high-quality, high-impact, integrated and targeted delivery systems?
- What topics are typically addressed in standards?
- In what ways can standards provide the basis for other key delivery systems tools, e.g. monitoring/capacity assessment tools, sample RFPs and sample contract provisions for use by AAAs and legal providers?
Penelope Hommel, Co-Director, The Center for Social Gerontology, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sarah Halsell, Legal Assistance Developer, Florida Department of Elder Affairs
The webinar took place on Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET.