When: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:00 A.M. PT/2:00 P.M. ET
This spring marks the 6th anniversary of the passage of the Affordable Care Act, which created the Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office (MMCO). In the past few years, MMCO, states, and advocates committed incredible resources and time to improving care and services for dual eligible individuals. This webinar provided an update on dual eligible demonstrations and dual eligible initiatives and highlighted areas for future improvement.
The webinar took a closer look at the following:
- The progress of the Financial Alignment Initiative (the dual eligible demonstrations)
- Recent evaluations of the Financial Alignment Initiative
- Successful efforts to protect dual eligible beneficiaries against balance billing
- Promising initiatives to enhance access to Medicare Savings Programs
- Ongoing challenges to accessing durable medical equipment, transportation and other services
Georgia Burke, Justice in Aging
Fay Gordon, Justice in Aging
The webinar took place on Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:00 AM PT/ 2:00 PM ET.