When: Wednesday, December 6th, at 11:00 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET.
Far too frequently, residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities are threatened with improper evictions. Sometimes the facility alleges that it cannot meet the resident’s needs, even though the facility is legally obligated to provide the required care. Sometimes evictions are based improperly on discrimination against Medicaid-eligible residents. Unfortunately, because many residents and their family members may be unaware of their rights, they often fall victim to these and other illegal practices.
This webinar will cover both the federal Nursing Home Reform Law and an overview of common state-law assisted living standards. Topics will include:
- When eviction is permitted;
- Notice requirements;
- Strategies for hearings and trials;
- Advocacy tips for common situations;
- Protections for Medicaid-eligible residents; and
- Forthcoming state protections as required by federal HCBS regulations.
Closed captioning will be available on this webinar. A link with access to the captions will be shared through GoToWebinar’s chat box shortly before the webinar start time.
- Eric Carlson, Justice in Aging
The webinar took place on Wednesday, December 6th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET.