When: Thursday, December 14, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET
Medicaid increasingly can pay for assisted living services or for comparable services provided in a group home or other residential facility for persons with disabilities. As a condition of accepting Medicaid payment, the facility must honor resident rights set by federal law.
Highlights of this webinar, Resident Rights in Medicaid-Funded Assisted Living and Group Homes, will include:
- Protections from eviction;
- Right to receive visitors at any time;
- Access to food at any time;
- Right to privacy, including a lockable door;
- Access to the local community; and
- Facility’s obligation to accept Medicaid from formerly private-pay residents.
Many of these federal protections only became effective earlier this year. The webinar will discuss state-to-state variations along with strategies to enforce compliance when a facility ignores or otherwise violates the law.
Who should attend:
Aging and disability advocates and aging network professionals.
Eric Carlson, Director, Long-Term Services and Supports Advocacy
Gelila Selassie, Senior Attorney
This webinar will take place on Thursday, December 14, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET