This webinar took place on Wednesday, September 21, 11:00 a.m.—12:00 p.m. PT.
Starting January 1, 2023, a number of important changes will impact the way individuals dually eligible for Medicare and Medi-Cal and older adults on Medi-Cal receive their health care in California. The changes include those that are part of California’s five-year initiative, California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM), and those implemented by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This webinar will provide an overview of these changes and their impact on the approximately 1.4 million individuals dually eligible for Medicare and Medi-Cal or eligible for Medi-Cal only in the state. This webinar is a continuation of Justice in Aging’s July 28th webinar on the same topic.
In this webinar, we will cover:
- The termination of Cal MediConnect and the transition of Cal MediConnect enrollees into Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs)
- Mandatory enrollment into Medi-Cal managed care for dually eligible individuals throughout the state
- The carve in of Medi-Cal’s long-term care benefit into Medi-Cal managed care plans
- D-SNP look alike transition
Who should participate: Aging and disability providers and community-based organizations working with individuals dually eligible for Medicare and Medi-Cal and low-income older adults and people with disabilities with Medi-Cal coverage only.
- Tiffany Huyenh-Cho, Senior Attorney, Justice in Aging